Founded in 1992, Brawley provides high-quality, turn-key design, construction, ICT infrastructure and FF&E solutions for facilities across the United States and abroad. At Brawley, our mission is to serve federal and institutional clients by designing, building, improving, furnishing, and sustaining critical infrastructures and facilities. We have earned our clients’ trust by exceeding their expectations for quality, safety, value, and functionality.
We're seeking an Accountant to join our corporate team in Wilmington, NC.
The Accountant will support our Commercial, Federal, and ICT Construction initiatives and is responsible for accounting operations across multiple business/joint venture entities. The Cost Accountant is a vital member of the accounting team and is responsible for managing the accounts of various construction projects by creating detailed budgets, overseeing supplier contracts, evaluating production costs, and verifying invoice statements.
Essential Job Duties:
- Prepare AIA and time & material invoices (drafts and final) for billable projects, including all applicable backup. Secure approval by the Project Manager and release to client. Reviews all supporting details to ensure complete invoicing and accuracy
- Prepare work in process (WIP) schedules for multiple entities, working closely with Project leaders to maximize revenues and margins.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities and timeliness within the billing period.
- Assess and share opportunities for the maximization of client billing.
- Review time sheets, assist with hours transfers and/or expenses, and open and close projects within systems.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding estimates, contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services related to billing.
- Work with the cash receipts team member to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
- Active participant and accounting lead in project meetings with Project Supervisors, Managers and Leadership.
- Ensure proper maintenance of project folders with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, Contract and sub-contractor documents including but not limited to SOW’s, billing rate schedules, change orders, and insurance certificates, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Analyze project budget including spent to date, billed to date, budget remaining etc.
- Evaluate financial profitability of a project, assessing accuracy of project expenses, analyzing project profitability versus bids.
- Prepares various reports and exhibits using Excel and other systems. Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or related field. Master's degree preferred
- Minimally 3 years’ experience
- Sage 100 experience is highly desired.
- Federal/military contract experience desired
- Proven experience with project accounting methods; Cost Plus, Lump Sum, Time, and Materials.
- Problem Solving/Analysis; ability to research and analyze various types of data information.
- Proficient time management skills
- Highly motivated individual with strong organization and communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office, and advance Excel and data skills.
- Audit experience desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret contracts and specifications.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment requiring minimal supervision
Project types: DOD/government, municipality, multi-family, hospitality, retail, educational, religious.
Brawley Culture: We are a team centered around the core values of trust, innovation, integrity, and excellence. We demand these characteristics of our employees and in our daily business operations. We all play a vital role in building the Brawley of the future and shaping the culture of our company.
Mission: To serve our partners with excellence and innovation by delivering projects and facilities that meet or exceed their expectations.
- Vision: To inspire our teams and partners to build for the future.
Benefits: We offer competitive base salary, career development opportunities, bonus incentive, medical/dental/vision insurance, life and AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, company HSA contribution, retirement program, 401k company match, paid time off, holidays and work/life balance.