Accounts Payable Specialist
Founded in 1992, Brawley provides high-quality, turn-key design, construction, ICT infrastructure and FF&E solutions for facilities across the United States and abroad. At Brawley, our mission is to serve federal and institutional clients by designing, building, improving, furnishing, and sustaining critical infrastructures and facilities. We have earned our clients’ trust by exceeding their expectations for quality, safety, value, and functionality.
We're seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our corporate team in Wilmington, NC.
Accounts Payable Specialist is critical for the success in project management and business planning. Accuracy, timeliness and time management in processing all incoming liabilities will be required to insure success in this position.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation in accordance with the Brawley process and procedures. Coordinate any issues with the appropriate project management staff and/or subcontractor/vendor.
- Process incoming Subcontractor Pay Applications and Vendor invoices/bills for approvals via an automated approval system (TimberScan) accurately and in a timely manner.
- Process above for payment utilizing Sage 100 Accounting/Job Cost System.
- Analyze vendor statements, researching and resolving any discrepancies in a timely manner
- Supports vendor and subcontractor inquiries regarding accounts payable. Assists business finance teams with inquiries and payment status questions as needed.
- Assist with the quarterly and year-end closing processes.
- High School Diploma required. Associates or equivalent experience preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in an accounts payable position required
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience in using SAGE 100 accounting software, or equivalent software, required
- Experience in the construction industry; commercial, industrial, residential or government
- Ability to work within a team environment and communicate effectively required
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and manage one's time
Project types: DOD/government, municipality, multi-family, hospitality, retail, educational, religious.
Brawley Culture: We are a team centered around the core values of trust, innovation, integrity, and excellence. We demand these characteristics of our employees and in our daily business operations. We all play a vital role in building the Brawley of the future and shaping the culture of our company.
- Mission: To serve our partners with excellence and innovation by delivering projects and facilities that meet or exceed their expectations.
- Vision: To inspire our teams and partners to build for the future.
Benefits: We offer competitive base salary, career development opportunities, bonus incentive, medical/dental/vision insurance, life and AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, company HSA contribution, retirement program, 401k company match, paid time off, holidays and work/life balance.