Assistant Project Manager – Federal Construction
Brawley is a design, build and furnish provider managing facility projects since 1992. From the headquarters in Wilmington, NC, our company has worked throughout the United States in the military, senior living, commercial, hospitality and ICT sectors.
We're seeking an Assistant Project Manager for our Federal Construction Program team in Wilmington, NC. This position will support our onsite Federal Construction Program Manager, Project Managers and Joint Venture Partners by completing administrative and project management tasks from our corporate office.
- Works with clients, sub-contractors, and suppliers to determine scope of work requirements.
- Assembles teams of sub-contractors.
- Verifies estimates and scopes of work are accurate.
- Ensure purchase orders are prepared.
- Prepares submittals to the owner for approval.
- Adheres to standard project estimation, approval, and change control processes.
- Defines project management plans including definition of roles and responsibilities.
- Prepares payment applications.
- Manages safety, scope, schedule, quality, resources, and budget.
- Identifies issues and risks and develops approaches to minimize and mitigate.
- Reports project status to appropriate stakeholders.
- Submits progress reports.
- Ensures invoices are submitted.
- Ensures sub-contractors’ scope is controlled.
- Ensures sub-contractors are paid.
- Resolves conflict and escalates issues when necessary.
- Creates and manages estimated cost to actual expenditures.
- Creates and manages work breakdown structures and schedules.
- Manages and supervises project team resources.
- Controls scope and schedule changes through a formal change management process.
- Drives the final punch list and project completion.
- Ensures payment applications are submitted on schedule and payments are received.
Experience and qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience in commercial and/or military construction/renovation
- BS in engineering, technical discipline, or construction management
- Communicates effectively (written, verbal) with both technical and non-technical parties
- 3-5 years’ experience in Department of Defense projects is preferred
- Experience in reviewing Product Data Submittals, Review Shop Drawings and Demo Plans is preferred
Brawley Culture: We are a team centered around the core values of trust, innovation, integrity, and excellence. We demand these characteristics of our employees and in our daily business operations. We all play a vital role in building the Brawley of the future and shaping the culture of our company.
- Mission: To serve our partners with excellence and innovation by delivering projects and facilities that meet or exceed their expectations.
- Vision: To inspire our teams and partners to build for the future.
We offer competitive base salary, career development opportunities, bonus incentive, medical/dental/vision insurance, life and AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, company HSA contribution, retirement program, 401k company match, paid time off, holidays and work/life balance.