Brawley is a design, build and furnish provider managing facility projects since 1992. From the headquarters in Wilmington, NC, our company has worked throughout the United States in the military, senior living, commercial, hospitality and ICT sectors.
We're seeking an Assistant Superintendent for our Federal Construction division supporting ongoing construction projects Robins Air Force Base in Warner Robins, GA area. This role will assist Superintendents and Project Managers with site supervision, scheduling, and foster relationships with our subcontractors in the field. The Assistant Superintendent will ensure that their assigned project is executed to Brawley standards of quality, service, and excellence. This position works on base at Robins AFB.
- Assists the Superintendent on the job site in all phases of project execution.
- Prepares project documents such as submittals, daily reports, and schedules.
- Assist the Superintendent to ensure safety and productivity of project labor and subcontractors.
- Supervises subcontractor crews, material and equipment and coordinates installation of all trades work and ensures in accordance with subcontract scope of work.
- Coordinates with and provides input to project team on scheduling, engineering, material control, and job productivity. Monitor status of project, schedule, productivity and costs.
- Inspects field conditions and ensures compliance with the project drawing and specifications.
- Identifies deficiencies and takes corrective action as needed.
- Identifies and corrects quality issues.
- Identifies and implements cost saving measures.
- Uses effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Prepares and submits daily reports on site conditions, progress, materials installed and costs.
- Liaises with inspectors on the requirements of permits, licenses and safety.
- Follows the project construction process to ensure that it is completed in time.
- Supervises the subcontractors and ensures that they are punctual and that they deliver.
- Ensure that quality is preserved in the construction process and that the budget is maintained.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or another technical related field preferred.
- 1 - 3 years' experience in construction-related field
- Excellent communication, organizational, and supervisory skills are essential.
- Proficient in using standard computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- OSHA 30 Certification is desired, if not, will commit to getting within 60 days.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certification, if not, will commit to getting within 60 days.
Project Types: Federal, Department of Defense
Brawley Culture: We are a team centered around the core values of trust, innovation, integrity, and excellence. We demand these characteristics of our employees and in our daily business operations. We all play a vital role in building the Brawley of the future and shaping the culture of our company.
- Mission: To serve our partners with excellence and innovation by delivering projects and facilities that meet or exceed their expectations.
- Vision: To inspire our teams and partners to build for the future.
We offer competitive base salary, career development opportunities, bonus incentive, medical/dental/vision insurance, life and AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, company HSA contribution, retirement program, 401k company match, paid time off, holidays and work/life balance.