We're Brawley, a 30-year-old General Contractor specializing in Federal & Commercial Construction. We're looking to hire a summer Intern in Wilmington, NC who will develop a foundational understanding of commercial and federal construction, project management and sub-contractor relations. This is an exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within a General Contractor environment. Come build for the future with us!
The Construction Intern supports the Commercial Construction division and assists the project team with planning and daily execution of the project as an onsite resource. This summer internship position assists in maintaining the project schedule, managing the submittal approval process, coordinating delivery of materials, and ensuring jobsite safety standards.
Project types: municipality, multi-family, hospitality, parks & recreation, federal/DOD, military construction, etc.
- Learn to effectively manage project schedules, material procurement, subcontractors, resources, and project documentation.
- Assist in the management of Owner Change Orders, Subcontractor Change Orders, RFI’s, and project closeout.
- Develop a knowledge base by conducting frequent and regular site inspections to ensure installations meet, or exceed, approved submittals, shop drawings and quality of construction in support of overall project schedule.
- Effectively manage, document, and keep record of project submittals (Product Data, Shop Drawings, Samples, Mock-ups) with subcontractors, design team and owners to ensure all materials (and associated installations) are approved in a timely manner to keep the project on schedule.
- Before any project, meeting with the PM, Superintendent, and Estimator to discuss project setup, team structure, schedule, and project approach.
- Manage and update all Contract Drawings and Specifications with Architect Supplemental Information to ensure field operations has the most current set of documents.
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Course work in the fields of construction management, building technology, engineering or equivalent preferred.
- 1 or semesters of experience in construction co-op or internship position, preferred.
- Current OSHA 30, First Aid, CPR, AED certifications preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook, SharePoint, Teams)
- Experience using various field management software, Procore preferred.
- Experience using various scheduling software, Primavera P6 preferred.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting construction plans and drawings.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage one’s time and priorities.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Valid driver’s license required.
Visit us online at www.brawley.net.