Corporate Safety Officer
The Corporate Safety Officer supports our federal and commercial construction programs by managing and implementing Brawley’s safety program, policies, and procedures at the corporate level. The Corporate Safety Officer conducts regular site inspections, safety management, and coordinates trainings of field, project, and corporate staff to ensure and monitor compliance with all applicable OSHA and Engineering Manual 385 standards.
- Conducts safety inspections of all job sites, maintains records, and monitors all aspects of the company's safety program for effectiveness.
- Prepares and distributes all required jobsite safety signage.
- Manages company inventory of Personal Prospective Equipment and distributes when necessary.
- Conducts evaluations of job site exposures and recommends hazard controls.
- Reviews and investigates all accidents and near misses to prevent further occurrences.
- Prepares detailed reports that provide a clear assessment of risk and appropriate recommendations on all aspects of the safety program.
- Assists Project Managers with pre-construction activities that develop loss-related information, service plans, recommendations, and reports to reduce losses.
- Monitor safety activities of subcontractors to ensure our safety program is followed and to assess the overall safety performance.
- Develops and manages subcontractor monthly safety incentive program.
- Manage the safety training program, conducts training to meet requirements for corporate, project, federal construction, and commercial construction personnel.
- Manages, monitors, tracks, and coordinates all OSHA 10- & 30-Hour trainings, First Aid, CPR & AED trainings, and project specific certifications for Brawley staff
- Manages and tracks Safety Orientations for new hires, subcontractors, and project staff.
- Pursues and manages Brawley’s participation the Building Star Program
- Updates Brawley Safety SharePoint site, ensuring safety procedures and documents are up to date and easily accessible.
- Travels up to 50% to job sites in NC/SC for safety inspections, meetings, and trainings.
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, occupational safety or related field required.
- 5 or more years’ experience as a SSHO, Site Safety Representative and/or Superintendent position
- Current and thorough knowledge of federal and state occupational safety & health requirements
- OSHA 500 Level Certification for Outreach Trainers required.
- USACE EM-385-1-1 Certification required.
- OSHA Aerial Lift (Boom/Scissor Lift) Operator Safety, Forklift, Scaffold certifications preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook, SharePoint, Teams)
- Experience using various field management software, Procore preferred.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting construction plans and drawings.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage one’s time and priorities.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Brawley Culture: We are a team centered around the core values of trust, innovation, integrity, and excellence. We demand these characteristics of our employees and in our daily business operations. We all play a vital role in building the Brawley of the future and shaping the culture of our company.
Mission: To serve our partners with excellence and innovation by delivering projects and facilities that meet or exceed their expectations.
Vision: To inspire our teams and partners to build for the future.
We offer competitive base salary, PTO allowance, paid holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, life and AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, company HSA contribution, 401(k) and company match.