Federal Procurement Specialist
Brawley is a design, build and furnish provider managing facility projects since 1992. From the headquarters in Wilmington, NC, our company has worked throughout the United States in the military, senior living, commercial, hospitality and ICT sectors.
We're seeking a Federal Procurement Specialist for our Wilmington, NC team. The Procurement Specialist will supports our project teams in the procurement and logistics of all required equipment, supplies, materials furniture, and services necessary to our Fixtures, Furniture, and Equipment (FF&E), Information and Communications Technology (ICT), and Federal Construction divisions.
- Identifies vendors/subcontractors, when required, and requests quotations for material/services on projects in the estimating/budgeting phase.
- Reviews the contract award, understands scope of work to ensure all material and services are procured.
- Writes and issues material purchase orders on projects in the execution phase
- Sends Purchase Orders to Vendors with terms and conditions as well as specification.
- Uses information found in plans, specifications, addenda, and generated internally by Brawley in our design, engineering, and job control software platforms.
- Ensures acknowledgement from vendor and confirms materials and pricing is correct.
- Sends follow up email to vendor within 48 hours to make certain that acknowledgment is received, and to confirm pricing and quantities.
- Updates status on a bi-weekly basis for long lead times and weekly basis for short lead/installation time. Updates are entered into Project Management Control software and provided to the Project Manager.
- Ensures invoices and proforma’s are in accordance with PO’s. Approves invoices and enters in Project Management Control software.
- Works with Project Manager to create delivery schedules and ensures that all products and services meet project schedule requirements. Enters documentation into Project Management Control software and shared drive.
- Acquires document receipts/bills of lading of material from field representatives and attaches documents to Purchase Orders in Project Management Control software and on the shared drive.
- Writes service orders to subcontracts for those providing on-site labor.
- Ensures receipt of acknowledgement from subcontractors regarding orders. Notifies Project Managers once received.
- Provides (and receives subsequent signed) proper forms including W-9, insurance requirements, subcontract/service agreement, and partial and/or final lien waivers. Attaches all necessary documentation to appropriate accounting software for accounts receivable and payable tracking.
- Communicate with field representatives on needs prior to subcontractor mobilization.
- Ensures paperwork and execution of subcontract is performed
- Ensures logistics are handled in a timely manner and priced competitively.
- Identifies issues/risks and develops approaches to minimize and mitigate.
- Develops and maintains a logistics plan that ensures the status of material and service delivery supports project schedules.
- Manages punch list and warranty items.
- When goods received are identified as damaged or incorrect, works with vendors and/or freight company to resolve.
- Resolves conflicts and escalates issues when necessary.
Desired Core Competencies:
- Familiarity with purchasing fundamentals for products, services and sub-contracts, detail oriented, ability to remain focused, strong organizational skills, ability to maintain respectful and professional behavior under pressure, willingness to take ownership of mistakes and grow from them, team player, teachable, strong customer service skills, proactive in problem solving.
- Experience working with Federal Government Agencies is required. Experience with Department of Defense (DOD), the Department of State DOS), the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), National Park Service (NPS), and Department of the Interior would be preferable.
- Brawley has projects around the country and around the globe, so a knowledge of working with international suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors is desirable.
Sage, Procore, Excel, Primavera P6, SPEXX, Salesforce, SAM.Gov, Deltek Govinw, OneDrive
- highly competitive salary
- health, vision and dental program
- Life & AD&D, disability
- 401(K) program & company match
- HSA contribution
- 10 days paid-time-off
- 9 company holidays