Founded in 1992, Brawley provides high-quality, turn-key design, construction, ICT infrastructure and FF&E solutions for facilities across the United States and abroad. At Brawley, our mission is to serve federal and institutional clients by designing, building, improving, furnishing, and sustaining critical infrastructures and facilities. We have earned our clients’ trust by exceeding their expectations for quality, safety, value, and functionality.
We're seeking an Interior Designer to join our Federal FF&E/Interior Design team in Wilmington, NC.
The Interior Designer supports our Federal Program’s FF&E initiatives and Interior Design platform. The Interior Designer works in a team environment to respond to our federal customers’ facility challenges by presenting creative solutions and designs that enhance functionality, durability, and provide an inviting atmosphere. The Interior Designer reports to the Executive of FF&E.
- Provides industry-leading service to clients that enhance the client relationships, emphasize the importance of our customer, and promotes Brawley as a dependable premier partner for our client’s facility needs
- Consults with clients to determine their requirements, facility specifications and goals for the space to be designed. Works directly with clients and prospective clients and adapts to changing project requirements
- Creates functional, durable, inviting spaces by reviewing client specifications, blueprints, specific facility requirements, space plan development and end user needs; providing the “wow factor” each client is looking for
- Develops design concepts that are current, fresh and in tune to the end users to design spaces that beautiful, relaxing, and enjoyable.
- Assembles materials to produce presentation boards and digital color boards to showcase visual solutions to meet our customer needs
- Assembles all materials required for submittal packages
- Documents relevant information into SPEXX to maintain accurate project records
- Performs research to identify materials, fixtures, and furniture solutions
- Maintains an understanding of building codes and planning solutions specifications
- Maintains relationships with vendors (materials, logistics, and installations) to facilitate availability of items and timely execution of the project
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or similar technical discipline required
- 5 years’ experience in Hospitality and Lodging interior design required
- Working knowledge of interior design principles/theory and building codes/ADA codes required
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SPEXX, Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office programs
- Certification through the National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) preferred
- Knowledge of military, federal, or government construction or interior design preferred
- Excellent written communication skills, articulate, good communicator
- Self-motivated, responsible, professional, goal oriented
- Able to work effectively both individually and in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage one’s time, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple items at one time
- High level creative problem-solving and competent decision-making skills
- Able to complete tasks on time and with excellence
- Trust – Achieved through honestly and reliability in every relationship
- Innovation – Illustrated by constant pursuit of creativity and new ideas
- Integrity – Shown by making the honest and fair decision no matter the situation
- Excellence – Accomplished by doing it right the first time
- Works within a standard office environment and standard office hours of 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Some (10%) travel required: to visit customers, do site visits and be onsite for a few days during a project installation.
Benefits: We offer competitive base salary, career development opportunities, bonus incentive, medical/dental/vision insurance, life and AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, company HSA contribution, retirement program, 401k company match, paid time off, holidays and work/life balance.