BRAWLEY Wilmington, NC
Brawley Company is a design build, construction management contractor managing commercial and federal projects since 1992. From the headquarters in Wilmington, NC, our company has worked throughout the United States in the governmental, hospitality, municipalities, multi-family, and senior living sectors. We also have offices in Raleigh, NC and Columbia, SC.
Our Mission is to serve our partners with excellence and innovation by delivering projects and facilities that meet or exceed their expectations. Integrity, innovation, trust and excellence are the values that we strive for in every aspect of our work with our customers and our team members.
Work life balance, family and opportunities for sharing fun are important in Brawley's culture. We offer competetive salaries to attract top talent.
The Senior Estimator reports to the Director of Construction and performs the following:
- Oversee and manage multi Estimators
- Involved with Go/No-Go Process
- Understands bid requirements for both federal and commercial projects to include RFP, plans, and specifications
- Analyze the project specifics and create team for producing proposal
- Perform/supervise quantity takeoffs
- Facilitate subcontracting prequalification
- Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors
- Prepares subcontractor scopes of work and understands size/scope of project to properly send out ITBs
- Communicates with designers and clients during proposal and pre-construction
- Transmits addenda and other bid information to subcontractors
- Ensures adequate subcontractor coverage for all divisions
- Build and prepare estimate for projects
- Identifies issues and risks and develops approaches to minimize and mitigate
- Qualify subcontractor proposals to ensure all scope is covered
- Participate in all bid review meetings
- Adheres to company standard project estimation processes
- Assist in change management procedure as requested by project management
- 10+ years experience in commercial and/or federal construction.
- Procore, RS Means, and Bluebeam quantity take off experience preferred.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience.
- Communicates effectively (written, verbal) with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and other estimating applications.
- Strong team based character and motivated to win
- Able to manage multi pre-construction projects concurrently