Brawley is a design, build and furnish provider managing facility projects since 1992. From the headquarters in Wilmington, NC, our company has worked throughout the United States in the military, senior living, commercial, hospitality and ICT sectors.
We're seeking a Construction Superintendent for our Commercial Construction division assigned to a commercial project in Supply, NC. This role will provide site supervision, manage schedules, and foster relationships with our subcontractors in the field. The Superintendent will ensure that their assigned project (commercial/federal new construction) is executed to Brawley standards of quality, service, and excellence.
- Ensures and enforces overall project safety.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates, and directs field activities on commercial construction projects.
- Supervises crews, material and equipment and coordinates installation of all trades work.
- Coordinates with and provides input to project team on scheduling, engineering, material control, and job productivity.
- Reviews and provides input on job costs and projection updates.
- Inspects field conditions and ensures compliance with the project drawing and specifications.
- Identifies deficiencies and takes corrective action as needed.
- Identifies and implements cost saving measures.
- Maintains good client relations as well as subcontractor relationships.
- Uses effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Plans for starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction based on available tools and equipment and various building methods.
- Procures tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Liaises with inspectors on the requirements of permits, licenses and safety.
- Follows the project construction process to ensure that it is completed on time.
- Supervises the subcontractors and ensures that they are punctual and that they deliver.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in commercial ground-up and/or renovation projects.
- Experience with government projects, historical building renovation and/or federal Department of Defense contracts preferred
- Typical jobsite computer skills to perform all tasks, such as, Microsoft word, excel, Procore or similar project management software.
- Schedule management experience (P6Primavera) or other construction scheduling software.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- OSHA 30 Certification is desired, if not, will commit to getting within 60 days.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certification, if not, will commit to getting within 60 days.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and supervisory skills are essential.
Project Types: Commercial, Federal, Department of Defense, Department of State
Brawley Culture: We are a team centered around the core values of trust, innovation, integrity, and excellence. We demand these characteristics of our employees and in our daily business operations. We all play a vital role in building the Brawley of the future and shaping the culture of our company.
- Mission: To serve our partners with excellence and innovation by delivering projects and facilities that meet or exceed their expectations.
- Vision: To inspire our teams and partners to build for the future.
We offer competitive base salary, career development opportunities, bonus incentive, medical/dental/vision insurance, life and AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, company HSA contribution, retirement program, 401k company match, paid time off, holidays and work/life balance.